[zh-l10n] Re: coordinator

François Pinard pinard於IRO.UMontreal.CA
Thu 6月 22 13:58:54 UTC 2000

[Patrick D'Cruze]

> [...] as Pofeng mentions in his email, there may be political consequences
> of using Taiwanese resources/mailing list to develop ZH support for
> GNU/Linux.

One problem is that the Translation Project publishes one team address
per team.  Whatever the address we use, the other party might be unhappy.
If technical stunts are avoidable, I would prefer this.  But if avoiding
technical stunts create endless problems or irritation, better swallow
the snake and do whatever need to be done.

However, I hope to think that political problems are not so big that we
need technical stunts around them.  After all, we are here to collaborate
to a planetary project, not to fight each other...

> Hmm.  I'm not sure what the best solution is.

Patrick, if you are available to discuss the matter with Chinese people,
I will be more than happy to not play the intermediary between the Chinese
team and Linux International, as this only slows down discussions.  I will
comply, of course, to the solution you will all come up.

                                          Keep happy, all!